For as long as I can remember reading and sports have been a major part of my life. I was always the one that could be found with their nose in a book. I still am that way even to this day. I won’t lie, I haven’t always combined my love for reading and sports until the last few years. I’m not even sure why to be honest. Now I often find myself looking for autobiographies, memoirs, or books about various events or games. It allows me to learn more about athletes, sports, and events, which in the end, makes it a lot more enjoyable for me.
Below is a list of 20 Non-Fiction sports-books, most of them I have read, while a few are on my to-be-read list.
Believe it by Nick Foles
- The Mamba Mentality by Kobe Bryant
- The Man I Never Met by Adam Schefter
- Teammate by David Ross
- Racing to the Finish by Dale Earnhardt Jr.
- Fearless by Doug Pederson
- Fierce by Aly Raisman
- Ice Capades by Sean Avery
- Forward by Abby Wambach
- When Nobody Was Watching by Carli Lloyd
- Off Balance by Dominique Moceanu
- Courage to Soar by Simone Biles
- Shaken by Tim Tebow
- Ya Gotta Believe by Tug McGraw
- The Blindside by Michael Lewis
- Moneyball by Michael Lewis
- Making My Pitch by Ila Jane Borders
- Bloomer Girls by Debra A. Shattuck
- Friday Night Lights by H.G. Bissinger
- Incomparable by Brie and Nikki Bella
I opened up this conversation to my Twitter followers (@amanda522) and asked for their suggestions of Non-Fiction sports-books. Their suggestions can be found below.
- Seabiscuit by Lauren Hillenbrand
- The Pine Tar Game by Filip Bondy
- The Soul of Baseball by Joe Posnanski
- Joe, You Coulda Made Us Proud by Joe Pepitone
- Sandy Koufax: A Lefty’s Legacy by Jane Leavy
Do you have a favorite memoir or autobiography written about an athlete? Maybe a book written about something that happened in sports? Comment below or reach out to me and let me know! I would love to hear your thoughts on this.
Leave a Reply